Rev. Dr. Joseph Cousin
Thank you for visiting us. Please be sure to return later as we begin to expand our website and layout our platform. I personally solicit your prayers and thank you in advance for your support.
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
Focus On Jesus
Our focus begins with Jesus. Jesus is the center of everything that we accomplish and must be the focus of all that we do. As we focus on Jesus, He also brings other key areas into focus. These key areas are the platform through which the FOCUSED campaign is based.
Confronting Challenges – Head On
(1) We must be fearless and faithful in addressing our challenges when presented—remaining proactive—not reactive.
(2) We cannot sweep our challenges under the rug in anticipation and expectation our problems will go away.
(3) We must confront challenges such as social justice inequities, challenges with a changing world, as well as challenges within our Zion and throughout the Kingdom of God.
(4) We will remain steadfast as we seek God’s presence and providence in seasons of difficulty.
Embracing Innovation In Problem Solving
(1) The Seven Last Words of the Church are, “We Never Did It That Way Before”.
(2) We must have a willingness to bring every person, ministry, organization, and society to the table to have a healthy dialogue for the direction of our Zion.
(3) We witnessed innovation during the Covid-19 pandemic, churches were able to modify policies and practices in church administration, worship, and fellowship.
(2) The Bible teaches us that faith is the substance of things hoped for—while being the evidence of things not seen. Our faith reminds us that regardless of what we see before us—God still has so much in store.
(3) We must be focused on our faith in Jesus—as we focus on Jesus—in order to press on and embrace God’s calling for us.